Are you a blogger looking into ways to increase the number of readers for your blog? In this blog, we’ll show you the benefits and uses of QR Code in blogs. But first, let’s define blogging.
Oxford Languages defines blog as a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.
It was generally agreed that the first blog was Links.net, a web page developed by a student named Justin Hall in 1994. It wasn’t initially called ‘blog’ by that time, but he referred to it as his personal homepage.
In 1997, Jorn Barger, the person behind the influential blog, “Robot Wisdom,” coined the term “weblog” to show the process of “logging the web.” The term was shortened to “blog” in 1999 by programmer Peter Merholtz, and a few years later, the term was officially included in the Merriam-Webster dictionary.
Many years later, blogs like LiveJournal, Blogger, and WordPress took the internet world by storm, gaining popularity in the mainstream by the mid-2000s. Mainstream media also teamed up with bloggers for their contents.
And as social media started gaining traction, microblogging and tumblogging rose to popularity, allowing for a more traditional type of blogging to be integrated with social media features like following, reacting to, and re-blogging posts.
Now, we cannot deny that due to the increasing number of people who want to share their ideas to the world, the prospect of reaching a wider audience tends to be a struggle. But technology offers an innovative solution to this problem: using QR Code.
What is a QR Code?
Quick Response (QR) Codes started to exist the same year as blogs. These are square-shaped codes that can hold bulky information, so users can not only be directed to links that contain texts, but also images, videos, games, applications, and software.
QR Code is a product of Denso Wave, an automotive company in Japan. They developed the said code to save cashiers from the strain of manually encoding information in cash registers. The appearance of the code was inspired by the Go Board, a traditional game in the country.
There is no need for a special skill or gadget to access information from a QR Code. If you have a smartphone and a legit QR scanner, then all you need is just to scan the code and you can get the information, service, and anything you need online.
But do you know that you can also make use of these codes to promote your blog?
How QR Codes Drive Traffic to Your Blog
- CREATE A CODE FOR YOUR WEBSITE. The first thing you need to do is to create a QR Code that will lead readers to your website. In a scan, they will be able to see what ideas you have in store for them, and if they happen to be of the same mind as you, then congratulations! You sure are in for a lot of readers!
- ONE POST, ONE CODE. It will help if you will create one QR Code for one blog post. That way, readers can easily locate your blog post without having to type keywords or phrases, or the long link on the URL bar. With just one scan, they will already be able to scan the contents of your blog, and you can possibly gain interactions such as comments, reactions, and even following.
- ONE CODE FOR A CATEGORY. Not everyone may have an interest in one topic, so the solution to that is to offer a variety of topics. For readers to find your topic category, you can create a QR Code for it and advertise the category on your social media pages, emails, and the like.
- INCLUDE QR CODES IN YOUR EMAILS. You can also give your potential readers an update in emails. For them to easily access your new content, include a QR Code in your email for them to scan. In little to no time, they will immerse themselves in your new post.
- RESOLVE CUSTOMERS’ QUERIES. You can also create a QR Code to answer whatever questions your readers have regarding your blog, or to ask for clarifications or solutions to certain problems.
Using QR Code in Blogs
Looking for a site to generate a QR Code for your blogging needs? You have come to the right place! Qr-cloud.com is a user-friendly site that offers a variety of ways to create a QR Code. Here are some of the steps you can take to get started:
- Visit qr-cloud.com
- Access your account by signing in or signing up. If you choose to sign up, you can also choose from among the plans the website offers to you.
- In the dashboard, click the icon that looks like a QR Code.
- Click “Create QR.”
- You will be taken to a page where you can change the name, type, and design of your QR Code. Give your code a unique look. But remember that for them to work, always opt for lighter background colors and darker foreground colors.
- You can also add a logo, but keep in mind that smaller and simpler logos are important to make sure that your QR Code works.
- Give your QR Code a test scan before using it. First, download a legitimate QR Code scanner on Google Play or App Store. Then, use it on your generated QR Code to see if it works.
- Click “Create QR Code,” then download it and use it however you want.
QR Code in Blogs: The Fastest Way to Increase Your Readers
Even though a lot of people can easily share their ideas nowadays, we cannot deny that it is not easy to drive traffic. One of the reasons is the increasing number of content creators. Only a few make it to the top. So how can we provide a solution to that problem? By incorporating QR Code, of course!
With QR Codes, readers can easily reach your blogs without copying and pasting a link to a URL bar or typing keywords and phrases on search bars. All they need to do is to give your QR Code a quick scan. In little to no time, they will be reading, commenting, and following your blog.
Looking for a way to drive traffic to your blog? Why not try QR Code now?