Today, more and more businesses adopt the QR Code technology for their marketing and operations. We regularly see QR Codes in print and digital advertisements, packaging, and even embedded in the products themselves. In this article, we’ll look into the different ways you can use QR Codes for businesses, how to make simple QR Codes, and how to choose the best QR Code generator that meets your needs.
What are QR Codes?
Quick response or QR Codes are barcodes that can be read using a smartphone camera. Invented in 1994, it was initially created to be a response to the limitations of the traditional barcodes at the time. The technology has been widely used in Asia years before it received worldwide adoption in the last few years, mainly due to the fact that they can now be read using the native camera of a modern smartphone without downloading a dedicated mobile app.
Aside from ease-of-use, here are some reasons why QR Codes have become popular recently:
- Easy-to-make – QR Codes don’t require coding knowledge; all you have to do is encode the details you want to put inside the QR Code and click a few settings.
- Allows contactless transactions – QR Codes allows you to share information, connect to Wi-Fi, receive payments and more in just a scan and a few clicks. There’s no need to physically exchange cash, cards or phones.
- Versatile – QR Codes can show text, lead you to any webpage, receive payments, and connect you to Wi-Fi.
- Affordable – There are a number of free QR Code generators that allow you to make static QR Codes. Paid QR Codes are also affordable and are packed with additional solutions for your business.
- Reduces printing requirements – Because of the large amount and variety of formats of information you can put inside a QR Code, it drastically reduces the information you need to print. It can save your business some money from printing and reproduction.
How to Use QR Codes for Businesses
- Share your business details using a Vcard
- Lead customers to your website, social media, or mobile app download
- Lead customers to your online store
- Lead customers to a review site
- Drive views to your YouTube ads
- Upload and share collateral for printing
- Offer discounts and promotions
- Connect straight to your customer service on Messenger
- Provide product descriptions and specifications
- Connect your in-house clients to Wi-Fi
- Check the authenticity of products
- Receive fiat or crypto payments
- Showcase your ethical and sustainable practices
- Use for inventory
- Use for checkouts
- Let customers register their products for warranty
- Invite customers to register to your newsletter
- Upload a special “sneak peek” for a music release
- Direct customers to watch video tutorials
- Provide free recipes
- Upload the user’s manual
- Register for events
- Provide recycling options for a particular products
- Offer free downloadables and accompanying activities for your digital products
- Set your store’s coordinates
- Staff attendance
- Unique discount code for loyal customers
- Scavenger hunt games for promotional events
- Enable customers to place reservations
- Enable tipping
How to Create Static QR Codes for Your Business
- Choose a QR Code generator that fits the needs of your business.
- On the QR Code generator, select the type of QR Code you want to make.
- Encode the necessary details.
- Customize the design of your QR Code according to your brand, if needed.
- Perform a test scan to make sure your QR Code works.
- Save and download in high-definition image.
The Perfect QR Code Generator for Your Business
Not sure which QR Code generator to choose? The perfect QR Code generator is one that fits the needs of your business and your budget. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a QR Code generator for your business:
- Value for money – Do you get the service you expect for the amount of money you pay? Do the features correspond to the price of subscription?
- Ease-of-use – How complicated is the interface? Are there confusing navigations?
- Customer service – Is the company known to be responsive to questions and complaints? Do they respond in a timely manner? Are the customer service representatives courteous to customers?
In the end, the best QR Code generator depends on what you need and the budget you have.
QR Cloud is one such solution for your QR Code marketing needs. To determine if we are the right solution for you, sign up to our Pro Plan and we will give you a free 7-day trial.
QR Codes are becoming increasingly popular as more and more businesses are discovering the ways this simple yet powerful technology can help them reach and engage with their customers. There are a variety of ways to use QR Codes in businesses, and there are lots of QR Code generators that can help you create the exact QR Code you need. When choosing a QR Code generator for your business, consider the cost, the needs of your business, ease of use, and great customer service.