In this blog, we will help you make connecting to the Internet easier and faster using a WiFi QR Code.
Where there are smartphones, there should be Internet connection. And with 6.648 Billion smartphones in the world in 2022, the need to enable your customers to remain connected to the Internet is stronger than ever. In fact, Wi-Fi is no longer a special feature or a value-added service. Today, Wi-Fi is a necessity.
What are QR Codes?
Quick Response or QR Codes are a two-dimensional type of barcodes that can store a huge amount of information in different formats. They were invented in 1994 for the purpose of inventory management but gained popularity for marketing reasons. A major reason for their popularity and adoption is they are easily scanned using your smartphone camera.
Why Should You Use a WiFi QR Code?
Earlier this week, I was watching a feature about the reopening of a car shop on cable TV. One of their newest inclusions is an entertainment area for the family and children of their clients. Their objective is to make sure that their clients and their companions don’t get bored when transacting inside the shop. Making staying in their shop an enjoyable experience can help their clients extend their stay and not make rushed decisions.
This same principle applies to all forms of businesses. If you want your business to survive, you should find ways to adapt to the needs of your customers. Knowing the demographics of your customers, you would be able to determine what they need and how you can better serve them.
If your target customers are those who need to be connected to the Internet all the time, one of the ways you can do this is through providing strong connectivity via wireless networking technology.
Here are some reasons why you must use QR Code for Wi-Fi connections:
- You save the time of your staff and customers.
- No need to remember your Wi-Fi password.
- No need for your customers to type in a password.
- You can track the statistics of your customers.
- Your customers can immediately post their selfies on their social media. Make sure to suggest tagging you!
How Can You Make a QR Code for Wi-Fi Connection?
There are two ways to generate a QR Code for your Wi-Fi. We will discuss each one in detail.
Method 1. Through Your Smartphone
- On your smartphone, go to Settings, and then tap Connections.
- Tap Wi-Fi. You will then see all the available wireless networks you are connected to. Tap the network you would want your customers to connect to. (For Samsung, you need to tap the gear icon.)
- Now, you will see the settings of your network. Look for QR Code and tap it.
Now you have the QR Code for your network. You can now save it as an image file to be printed and posted around your shop or office.
Easy, isn’t it?
Although this method of generating a QR Code for your Wi-Fi connection is fuss-free and easy, there are two drawbacks. First, this feature may not be available in all smartphones. There is no guarantee that your phone – especially older models – can generate QR Codes. Second, these QR Codes are not trackable.
If you want to see the number of scans of your QR Code as well as which devices, operating systems, browsers and other metrics, you may create a dynamic one through a QR Code generator.
Method 2. Through Your QR Code Generator
For the second method, you need a QR Code generator. For this example, we will use QR Cloud.
- On your dashboard, click Total QR Codes or the icon beside it.
- Click the Create QR button.
- On the generator, type in a name for your QR Code and choose WiFi from the QR Type dropdown menu.
- Encode the necessary details. These are: WiFi Name (SSID), Encryption (set to WEP by default), and Password, and indicate whether the connection is hidden.
- From here, you can experiment with the different customization options for your QR Code. If you want, you can change its shape and colors, add your logo, and enhance error correction capabilities.
- Make sure to perform a test scan before you click Create.
- Print or save your QR Code in SVG, PNG, JPG, and WEBP formats.
If you have a different QR Code generator, that’s fine. More or less, the process is the same.
The second method takes a little more effort compared to the first, but it is also more flexible, as it is fully customizable. Moreover, dynamic QR Codes are trackable, so you can measure the success of your WiFi network and get to know your customers better.
Which of the Two Methods is Better?
Both methods for creating a QR Code for your Wi-Fi connection are great, but we recommend using a reliable and easy-to-use generator to make a dynamic QR Code. Here’s why:
What are the Benefits of Using a WiFi QR Code Generator?
There are lots of benefits in using a QR Code generator to make a dynamic one for your Wi-Fi access.
- Customization Options. When generating your Wi-Fi QR Code using your phone, you have no option to personalize its appearance. In contrast, many QR Code generators are highly or fully customizable. You can change the colors and shape, add a logo, and adjust error correction, making your QR Code your own.
- Editability. Dynamic QR Codes are editable, meaning you can change the contents anytime you want.
- Trackability. Dynamic QR Codes allow you to see the number of scans and which devices, operating systems, and browsers. This way, you will get to know your customers and tailor-fit your services to their needs.
Simplify connecting your customers to your Wi-Fi using QR Codes. No more asking your staff for connection. No more memorizing and sharing passwords. Get to know your customers better so you can serve them better. What’s more? They will more open to following your accounts and geotagging you on their selfies!
To discover the unlimited ways you can use QR Codes, sign up to QR Cloud today!