Hobbies, sports, service, social activities, profession – whatever interests you, there is possibly a club for that. Humans are social beings and clubs are a great opportunity not only to socialize with other people with the same interests but also to get access to important resources. In this post, let’s talk about how you can use sign up QR Code to register in clubs and organizations.
What are QR Codes?
QR (abbreviation for Quick Response) Codes are two-dimensional barcodes that can contain a large amount of information and be scanned using most native cameras in modern smartphones. They were first invented for inventory management, but is now widely used in marketing and retail.
What QR Code to Use for Registration
There are two types of QR Codes: static and dynamic. Here’s what each is in a nutshell:
- Static: permanent and non-trackable
- Dynamic: editable and trackable
For your membership campaign, we recommend using dynamic QR Code because of the flexibility and monitoring capabilities.
Dynamic QR Codes will give you data analytics that will allow you to measure the success of your QR Code campaign like the number of scans.
How to Create a Sign Up QR Code for Club Registration
Before the worldwide adoption of the Internet, we used to have physical forms as signup sheets in clubs and organizations.
Step 1. Make your online registration form
Whether on Google Forms or another platform for building forms, the first step is to create your signup form. For the most part, most form builders are generally the same.
- Data Sharing Agreement. Many countries have laws for data protection and many are very protective of the information they share. Here, you assure your prospective members that you will not be using their personal information for reasons other than registration.
- Personal Information. Here, your prospective members will encode their personal information. As the attention span of humans is now less than that of a goldfish, make sure not to ask too many questions or ask questions that require them to write full sentences or paragraphs, else they abandon their registration. (You can reserve these for the orientation.)
- Submission Confirmation. Upon submission, you can thank your prospective members for signing up. More importantly, you have to inform them of the next steps, such as waiting for a confirmation email or the orientation invitation. Don’t leave your future members hanging.
Step 2. Create your dynamic QR Code
- Sign up or log in to your QR Code generator.
- Create your QR Code with the URL of your online form.
- Customize your QR Code, if you want. You can change the color and shape, add your logo, and set limits.
- Do a scan test to make sure it works as intended.
- Print or download.
Step 3. Use your QR Code
Now that you have a QR Code for your club’s online registration form, use it on your display, on your posters, and on your brochures and fliers.
If you want to learn more about using QR Codes on printed advertising, we have a great article you can check out.
Why Use Sign Up QR Code to Register in Clubs
According to Insider Intelligence, the number of 18+ users from the US who have scanned a QR Code at least once is slowing down from its rapid growth at the height of the pandemic. Still, marketers continue to find new and innovative ways to use this technology to drive engagement and enhance user experience.
Here’s why you should, too:
(Almost) Everyone Knows How to Use Them
With the ever-increasing rise in the number of smartphone users, more people now know what QR Codes are and how to use them. Most people are on their smartphones all the time, so they will be comfortable scanning a QR Code and registering online instead of filling out a printed form.
They Save the Time of Potential Members
With a QR Code, getting to your online form only takes a few seconds. Not only will this minimize human error such as mistakes in typing the URL, but some users will already have their information saved on their phones.
They Saves the Time of the Organizers
Having a QR Code (that works!) saves the time of the organizers in terms of having to distribute physical forms and the most tedious task: encoding the information on the database. We all know not everyone has legible handwriting!
They Save Money from Printing Physical Forms
I mean, printing and copying physical forms are very cheap nowadays – but using a QR Code is even cheaper! If you don’t need the trackability feature, all you need is a free QR Code generator and a printer for one or two copies for your display. That’s it!
They Can Be Shared
QR Code and the link behind it may be shared by your members and applicants. Physical forms are limited to the people you and your fellow members come in contact with. With QR Codes, those who register can even invite those in their circle to join without having to go to your location to scan the code.
Of course, you can give away physical copies of your membership forms and ask your registrants to invite their friends, but what are the odds that they will come back?
They Minimize Physical Contact
Although we are now recovering from the pandemic, some people are definitely still wary of physical contact. (Also, half the population is simply introverted.) Giving them an option to scan the code and fill it out without holding the line or lining up is great for people who want to keep socially distant.
Online Forms Keep Data Private
Many people are protective of their personal data and using a secure online form for your club registration helps protect that. With printed forms, you still need to deal with making sure they will not be accessed by unauthorized people as well as disposed of securely.
QR Codes make signups to clubs and organizations a lot easier. All you have to do is create an online registration form and generate a QR Code that you can display around your area or include in your print ads. If you want to take your club’s registration forms to the next level, QR Codes are here for you!