You’ve probably seen QR Codes in shoes the last time you shopped. It isn’t surprising that even the shoe industry has jumped into the QR Code train. After all, these small square matrices are one of today’s most popular marketing tools.
QR Codes are two-dimensional barcodes that can be scanned using a modern smartphone camera or a QR Code scanning application. Their versatility allows its users to link to any web page, download files, pin a location on the maps app, and facilitate payments in both fiat and cryptocurrency, among others. Although developed first in 1994, they have seen a resurgence in recent years, and now more and more businesses and industries are incorporating them into their marketing strategies.
This article explores the different uses of QR Codes for shoe business. If you are a marketer for a shoe brand, a shoe artisan, a sneakers retailer, or a shoe enthusiast, this article is for you.
Successful Use Cases for QR Codes in the Shoe Industry
- Adidas: Adidas used QR codes on their products and in-store displays to drive traffic to their website and promote their new product lines.
- Nike: Nike incorporated QR codes in their mobile app to offer customers exclusive access to promotions and discounts, as well as to provide them with personalized content and recommendations.
- Converse: Converse used QR codes on their shoeboxes to link customers to exclusive content, such as behind-the-scenes videos and interviews with brand ambassadors.
- New Balance: New Balance used QR codes to create interactive experiences for customers, such as augmented reality (AR) try-ons and 360-degree product views.
- Puma: Puma incorporated QR codes in their advertising campaigns to offer customers access to exclusive content, such as product information and special offers.
How to Use QR Codes in Your Shoe Business
As shown in the examples above, here are some ways to integrate QR Codes in the shoe industry’s marketing and operational needs. For small and medium businesses, you can get inspiration from these big companies when you start integrating QR Codes into your processes, too.
- Drive traffic to your website. QR Codes are great to lead customers to your website and get updated on your new products. Ideally, your landing page will encourage visitors to do only one thing. So, consider creating a landing page where they can buy your newest release.
- Promote your advertisements. QR Codes are excellent for leading the public to your ad on YouTube or any other social media.
- Download your mobile app. If you have one, use a QR Code to lead your loyal customers straight to your mobile app. Here, they can buy your products, offer discounts and promotions, and access new content.
- Lead your customers to exclusive content. Shoe blogs, interviews with your brand ambassadors, and other types of content are great ways to engage with your customers. You can also provide shoe size and care guides.
- Offer discounts and special promotions. Use QR Codes to distribute exclusive discounts to your customers. If you don’t give special discounts to maintain your brand image, that’s okay, too. Your QR Code can offer free shipping or a free personalized gift card to come with their orders, instead.
Here are the best spots to put up your QR Codes:
- Billboards and print ads
- Social media posts
- Shoe boxes and paper bags
How to Create QR Codes for Shoe Stores
Here is a short step-by-step guide on how to easily create static QR Codes on QR Cloud:
- On your account menu, click the QR Code generator.
- Select the type of QR Code you want to make.
- Encode the necessary information.
- Customize the appearance on your QR Code as needed.
- Perform a test scan.
- Download the QR Code in an appropriate format.
It’s that easy to create static QR Codes. On the other hand, if you want dynamic options, use the Dynamic Links feature. (You can start making one using the “Create Link” button.) Here, you can generate QR Codes (virtual business cards, event, file, and other types) that you can reuse for your future projects and campaigns.
To start creating your QR Codes on QR Cloud, sign up and get your first 7 days for free.
QR Codes offer an excellent avenue to promote products for shoe businesses. These barcodes are versatile, easy to use, and relatively cheap. They can link customers to your online advertisements, online store, and customer service. Even small and medium shoe businesses – whether you’re a sneakers reseller or an artisan – can benefit from using QR Codes in their marketing campaigns and everyday operations.