QR Codes have been used extensively in many industries, and it has proven to change the game as far as products and services are concerned. But can a new technology work with something ancient? Let us dig into how you can use QR Codes for antiques and artifacts.
QR Codes were developed by an engineer in Denso Wave, a Japanese automotive company, in 1994. Back then, these codes were only used to track their manufactured products. In 2017, its utilization increased, fueled by the public’s access to smartphones.
These barcodes are helpful for promoting and selling artifacts to collectors, as it is contactless, convenient, quick, and effortless.
The Benefits of QR Codes for Antiques and Artifacts
Convenience for customers. By just scanning a QR Code in their smartphones, customers can access information about the antique or artifact. They do not need to go to a physical store to browse, as QR Codes can take them into a landing page where they can find pictures and information about the product.
Increased sales potential. QR Codes can provide more information about an artifact or antique, like its history and place of origin. This will potentially increase customers’ interest in buying the item.
Better tracking and inventory management. It would be easy for the curators to track and manage the inventory when using QR Codes. Dynamic QR Codes, particularly, have features that enable them to track how many artifacts or antiques have been sold, and how many are still available. Tracking items can help business make informed decisions about what they can do with their products.
Enhanced marketing and branding opportunities. Personalize QR Codes using the business’ logo or linking it to the website or other available platforms. This can increase brand recognition, helping the business attract more customer. Also use QR Codes give exclusive offers or promos, which makes sure that customers will be loyal to the brand.
How to use QR codes for selling antiques and artifacts
Planning to sell artifacts and antiques through QR Codes? Here are the steps:
- Decide on the purpose of your QR Code. Is it for giving information? Collecting payment? Giving away freebies or promo codes? The purpose of your QR Code should be clear in order not to confuse the customers.
- Create a simple call-to-action. In this fast-paced society, customers preferred instructions that they can simply follow. Are they going to scan to download image? Or are they going to scan to view the gallery?
- Go to qr-cloud.com. QR Cloud is one of the most promising website for generating codes, providing a wide array of designs and features that is sure to make your brand stand out and more recognizable.
- Access your account by logging in or signing up. The upper right part of the website contain the blue buttons. If you choose to log in, you can only enter your name or password, or through partner sites such as Google. If you choose to sign up, you need to fill out forms and choose a plan.
- Go to the dashboard. The dashboard contains a variety of features to work with, one of them is a button with a QR-looking icon. Select it.
- Modify your QR Code. Change the name, purpose, and style of your QR Code. Just be careful not to over-decorate it if you want it to work properly.
- Check all information. Revisit the details to see if you got all the information correct.
- Give the code a test scan before implementing it. Test the code first to see if it works or it needs further modification.
- Download and layout the QR Code. After creating your QR Code, you can now download it in the format you prefer and lay it out on a physical or digital electronic publication.
Examples of how to incorporate QR codes into sales strategies
QR Codes are great tools for marketing. Here are some examples of how to use them in your business:
- Promotions and discounts. You can add a link where customers will get promo codes, freebies, giveaways, or discount coupons for your products.
- Mobile payments. QR Codes can also be used in collecting payments through phones. These can be lined to an e-wallet account where the customer can fill in forms including the amount they are going to pay.
- Product information. QR Codes can provide information about your artifacts or antiques such as history, place of origin, and other salient information the customer might want to know.
- Customer Feedback. Link QR Codes into a page where they can provide feedback and review. Good reviews can increase the number of customers, while bad reviews can help the business decide what to do with the products in the future.
Using QR Codes to sell antiques and artifacts is an effective strategy for dealers. It helps them gain potential buyers by offering a more convenient way to make transactions, like knowing what their items are about, customer feedback, streamlining payment to name a few.